The Escort Passport 9500ix Radar Detector has the ability to detect all bands of speed enforcement radar from both the front and the rear, and it has a programmable GPS enabled circuitry that makes sure you won?t be caught off guard by unexpected speed traps and speed cameras. It uses a GPS powered True Lock filter that reduces the possibility of false alerts. Doing this is as simple as pressing the mute button three times when you discover a false alert, and it will record the exact radar frequency and GPS location so that it can be ignored in the future.
It uses Auto Learn technology, automatically acknowledging a specific frequency from a location that has been flagged three times in the past as a false alert. You will be informed of this action in a single beep, with the locked frequency band displayed on the LED screen. It unlocks signals to protect you from threats, and can still unlock and flag signals that used to be in flagged areas and have moved to a new location.
Because of frequent updates, this Escort Radar Detector can accurately alert you about speed cameras, red light cameras, and common speed traps all over North America. It also measures your speed and automatically varies radar strength to maximize radar protection, and flashes the speed you are running at in areas where there is a radar threat. It alerts you using a distinct audible alert and also gives you a visual alert on your LED screen. Each specific chirp increases in rate as you get nearer the radar source, and eventually builds up into a solid tone where the source is at its strongest. A mute button can be pressed to temporarily take out the audio once you have been alerted by the threat, and you can also use auto mute to set the settings at which you want the audio to be muted without having to press any button.
Features and Specifications
- Auto Learn: Artificial Intelligence Protection that automatically learns radar signals and determines which ones are real threats
- Defender Database keeps a list of camera locations all over North America in its memory, alerting you in advance to keep you ticket free
- Can be easily connected to any Windows based computer to be updated and loaded with new locations
- Variable Speed Sensitivity makes your driving experience less complicated and with less distractions by alerting you only with threats that are applicable depending on your speed
- Simple and intuitive controls let you change options and settings according to your driving style and personal preference
- Speed Alert lets you know your vehicle?s speed every time an alert comes in
- Comes with owner?s manual, quick release windshield mount, coiled Smart Cord, quick reference card, and an Escort travel case
- Includes Traffic Sensor Rejection to eliminate false alerts
- Operating Bands: X-band 10.525 GHz or 25 MHz, K-band 24.150 GHz or 100 MHz, Ka-band 34.700 GHz or 1300 MHz, Laser 904nm, 33 MHz bandwidth
- Radar Receiver / Detector Type: Superheterodyne, Varactor-tuned VCO / Scanning Frequency Discriminator / Digital Signal Processing
- Laser Detection: Quantum Limited Video Receiver / Multiple Laser Sensor Diodes
- GPS Receiver: SiRFstar III
- Display Type: 280 LED Matrix/Text / Speed Alert / Bar Graph / Expert Meter / Spec Display
- Programmable Features: power on indication, speed alert (on/off), auto learn (on/off), signal strength meter, auto mute (on/off), auto power (on/off), units: English or metric, voice (on/off), dark mode, radar / laser bands, markers, 5 levels of brightness control
- Auto calibration circuitry
- Mute, auto mute and smart mute
- Power requirement: 12 VDC, negative ground, Escort Smart Cord included
- Sensitivity Control: Highway, auto and city
- Compact size: 1.4? H x 2.90? W x 5.35? L
Customer Reviews and Ratings?
The Escort Passport 9500ix Radar Detector is definitely one of the most helpful driving companions you can find, as most of its users have proven. Its ability to lockout false signals is excellent, and can accurately warn you of approaching red lights cameras, photo cameras, and speed traps. It also detects any threats faster than any other detector can, which makes a big difference as far as avoiding a ticket is concerned. A good improvement however, would be on the design of the window mount, as it taps the window as you drive. This can become very distracting and annoying after quite some time. This is a small inconvenience though, and can be dealt with easily, considering the performance and the benefits that this detector has.?Click here to read more customer reviews?
Overall, the Escort Passport 9500ix Radar Detector is a good investment and can serve you well in avoiding any threats on the road.
We have found the best discounts and prices for the Escort Passport 9500ix Radar Detector?on Amazon.?Click here?to check it out.